Monday, May 7, 2012

Picking up Chickens

***Photoless post***I always feel bad if I can't post a photo each day I blog, but I have a couple of funny Luke stories that I have to share without having time to upload pictures from my camera.
This Saturday afternoon/early evening we were invited to friends of ours in Solon for a cookout. It was a gorgeous day and perfect early evening for a bbq and let the kiddos run wild in the backyard playing football, driving cars, and anything else that consists of running in circles! Luke's friend Maddox Kelley, who is 6 months older, the son of one of our good friends and Sean's co-worker, were taking turns driving Jerzey's 'pink cadillac'. Sean and Cody, Maddox's dad, were joking around and asking them if they were going to pick up chicks! So after a few rounds of driving around the driveway, Luke stops the car, hops out, takes off running towards the grass, and hollers back "Come on Maggots, get your chickens!" He proceeds to 'grab his chickens' and puts them in the back of the car. Of course Maddox (aka as Maggots to Luke), follows along and picks up his chickens. LOL! I hope this makes you chuckle a little:)
Tonight as we were saying our prayers before bed, Luke goes on to thank God for his friends and starts naming all of his friends, when he gets to Jerzey (which is where the bbq was), he said "Maggots and I drive Jerzey car, we so much fun mom, we picked up chickens!"
Tonight after coaxing Luke in the house from playing outside, which is a chore in itself, we got him ready for bed, and he wanted to watch Curious George. I told him that when we play outside late we just read books and go to bed. He put his head down and said "mommy, you make me sad, I am so sad." I asked him why he was so sad and he told me that I make him sad. He then looked up at me and said "Curious George makes Luke so happy! Mommy wants Luke to be happy!" Boy, does this little guy have it figured out, look out!!! We have been working on doing things that make people happy, and when we do things that aren't nice, that makes people sad...so I guess he does listen after all!
My last story...tonight after dinner we were going to make an ice cream run to Ghurties (local frozen yogurt shop), and Luke needed to change his clothes so we were walking back downstairs from getting him dressed and he was horsing around with the baby gate, he kept trying to open it and he couldn't get it opened, so he said "dammit"! Sean and I both looked at him, Sean asked 'what did you say,' he replied "nothing, Luke said nothing". I told him that was not nice to say and that we don't say that word. He said "mom, Luke said nothing, nope me didn't". What a little character...oh, Luke...you bring so much laughter to our house, there truly never  is a dull moment and we love you for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment