This has been one of the most wonderful weekends! The weather has been better than you could ask for, we were able to spend part of the weekend at my parents, enjoy the beauty of the farm, and see some special friends while in Waukon. I hosted a baby shower for my dear friend Dana on Saturday, which was so special to celebrate her and her little girl Hattie on Mothers Day weekend. The boys and I enjoyed the beautiful afternoon with my mom while Sean and my dad were in the field. It is a very busy time of year for farming so we didn't get to see much of my dad. Sean enjoyed getting out in the tractor and putting in some hours in the field to help out. We grilled out Saturday night for dinner, celebrated my amazing mom a day early, and then headed home after the boys bathed and were in their pj's. Sean and I enjoyed the quiet and actually had great conversation, uninterrupted.
Today could not have been more beautiful! The boys are early risers so there was no sleeping in, but that is ok...it was a great day to get up and going! Sean cooked an amazing breakfast of scrambled eggs and apple cinnamon french toast, even Ben enjoyed the french toast! During Ben's morning nap, Luke and I went to pick out flowers so we could plant our flower pots. We took off on a family run, by my request! It was a perfect mid morning run, and the boys did a great job during our trek. While my "3" boys napped, I enjoyed a quiet couple of hours in the front yard planting my flower pots and weeding my flower beds. We received an invite to join our friends on their boat after naps, so we jumped at the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the afternoon and early evening on the Lake with our good friends. Luke experienced jumping (or falling) in the lake off the back of the boat while we were anchored, not once, but twice! He was a little scared the first time, but recovered nicely!
This is my third mother's day of being a mom and I can't help but be humbled by the presence of these two sweet boys I have been chosen to mother. It truly is the most amazing experience and each day it just continues to grow with so much love and joy these two little guys bring to our lives, they make me smile just sitting here thinking of them. There isn't a night that we lay in bed and tell our funny Luke stories, or watch Ben in pure amazement of all his recent developments. I am thankful. I am blessed.
This post would not be complete without honoring my amazing mother! My mom has taught me so much and continues to teach me as I watch her love our two little boys unconditionally and with all her heart. My mom is so patient with me, even when I make it difficult. She is one of the most generous, kind-hearted people I have ever known, and I could not be more proud to be her daughter. Thank you mom for everything you do for our family.
BLESSED...my two little loves
Happy Mothers Day to our loving Nannie
Luke was so excited to give me his gift he made at school
trying to get a picture of these two isn't always easy...Luke really wasn't having it
Love my hugs from the boys
1st Mother's day with Ben:) The greatest addition to our family
We celebrated Ms. Judi on Friday! She loves our boys unconditionally and they love her just as much. She is amazing and we are so thankful to have her watch over our boys when we are not able
Ben decided he wanted to use the walker...on the go trying to keep up with his big brother at Nannie and Bops
trying something new...bear crawl
One of Ben's favorite spots at Nannie and Bops...watching all the action outside
Luke wanted to help Nannie mow her lawn
Sean enjoying farm life. He helped my parents out so much logging quite a few hours in the tractor
Celebrating Dana and Hattie













No comments:
Post a Comment