Sunday, September 11, 2011

Introducing Benjamin David Merrick

Our family is thrilled to announce the arrival of our sweet little boy Benjamin David Merrick. Ben entered the world last Saturday afternoon at 12:15 weighing 7 lbs 12 oz, measuring 20 inches long. Today, September 11th, is my due date, but sweet little Ben wanted to meet us one week early!!! We have thoroughly enjoyed our family time together this week, and I am so thankful that Sean was able to take the time off to spend the entire week home with me and our two sweet boys. It was so important for us to spend this time together as a family of four and we have really enjoyed it, and are adjusting well. I started having contractions Friday afternoon, I spent the afternoon with Luke, we went to dinner at Panera while Sean and his friend golfed, and just enjoyed our night together, all the while having very consistent contractions. When it was time to go to the hospital, after spending several hours in labor, it was confirmed that we had a gymnast on our hands, little Ben decided to flip to a breech position sometime between my appointment the prior Monday and Saturday. Ben entered the world very shortly after his breech position was confirmed. He took our breath away when we first met him, and my first remark was that he was a spitting image of his big brother Luke. Our sitter brought Luke down to join our family that afternoon when he woke from his nap! It was a moment I will never forget, seeing my sweet little boys meet each other for the first time. I envision all the great memories these two will share together and become best friends over the years. I am having a hard time not being able to be as active with Luke and mostly missing picking up my big boy due to the restrictions from the c-section. We have found a way for me to put him to bed in his crib unassisted, a step ladder! Luke loves crawling in and out of his crib like a big boy! I am looking forward to picking Luke up and running after him again, but for now Sean has taken over 100% and I am so thankful. I have some blog posts to catch up on, one very important one, Luke's 2nd birthday that we celebrated on Sunday, September 4th! We had an eventful weekend with the birth of Ben and the celebration on Luke turning two! We love our boys so much and are enjoying adjusting to a family of four. Thank you for the many phone calls, visits, texts, cards, gifts, and for those of who have shared meals with us, we are ever so thankful and feel completed overwhelmed with the kindness and well wishes from so many.


Benjamin David Merrick

Born Saturday, September 3rd 2011

12:15 pm

7 lbs 12 oz 20 inches long

Our two sweet boys!
Luke loving on little Ben


Ben looks so much like his big brother Luke


Our 1st picture as a family of FOUR


Luke opening up his present from Ben


My two sweet boys! I am so blessed:)


Luke and Ben on Luke's birthday!


Bop and Nannie (Grandpa & Grandma Einck) with their two grandsons




Meeting Ben for the first time. My parents arrived Sunday afternoon to meet Ben and Celebrate Luke's birthday. They were hosting my brother's wedding reception the day Ben was born!


Nannie and Ben


My siblings: Nate & Debbie, Bryan & Kate, and Mitch all came to visit on Sunday after celebrating Nate & Debbie's wedding reception in Waukon Saturday, the day Ben was born!


Uncle Bryan & Aunt Kate


Uncle Nate & Aunt Debbie

They were home celebrating their wedding reception in Waukon. We were bummed to miss the reception but so happy they were home for the weekend and got to meet Ben!


Uncle Mitch meeting Ben


Grandpa & Grandma Merrick with Luke and Ben

They came to visit Sunday morning and meet Ben for the first time.


Tuesday, September 6th, heading home! Ben and I were very eager to get home, we were discharged by noon on Tuesday and got to enjoy our first afternoon at home!


Proud Big Bro Luke was happy to have us home!
I was so happy to see his sweet face open the door for us when we arrived, the days in the hospital seemed so long and I missed Luke so much when he wasn't visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment