Wow, I can't believe we are at 39 weeks, 14 days longer than I was pregnant with Luke, which has made these past 14 days seem like eternity. I am feeling well, other than large and READY! I was really hoping this was the week that our sweet little one would arrive, we are ready! Unfortunately this little one wants to hang out a little longer than mommy would like and keeps kicking at me to make sure I am aware of his/her presence. I have been walking a lot, and when I say a lot, I say a lot for me. I am putting in 3-5 miles a day, hoping it helps progress this baby, but also just to get out and move. Each day I wake I wonder if "today will be the day", but I have stopped wondering and wishing. I am actually at the point of acceptance that when this little one decides its time, he or she will let me know!!! We are enjoying our days with Luke and still trying to get our arms around the fact that in the very very near future our life with be filled with double the joy and love! I am very excited to see how Luke will welcome his new sibling, whenever that day arrives.
I am very disappointed that we are not able to make it back to Waukon this weekend for my brother and sister in laws wedding reception. Timing is not on our side...that is for sure:( I love my family dearly and cherish any and all opportunities we have to spend together. So to say it kills me not to join my whole family this weekend to celebrate such a special milestone, is an understatement. When I realized on Monday after my doctor appointment that it did not look likely, it brought me to tears. I have secretly hoped and prayed every hour that this baby would hurry up and arrive just so we could be there. Well, we ran out of time...we are going to have to forgo attending the weekend fun:( I know they will all have a great time, and I will try hard to not think about all that we are missing out on.
Aside from my severe disappointment about missing my brothers wedding reception, I am hanging in there. My doctor did write me a prescription for Ambien yesterday, so I was finally able to enjoy a good sleep last night. I have been so uncomfortable that I had been getting 45 minute increments of sleep, which wasn't cutting it when I have to work and care for a toddler the following days. This sweet little baby is really making its mark...I think it is going to take a few months to recover my severely bruised rib caged.
I am really hoping that you do not see a 40 week post from me, rather a "welcome baby merrick" post in the very near future!

No comments:
Post a Comment