We are so blessed to share the arrival of our Sweet Little One, Luke Michael. Luke just didn't want to wait any longer to make his appearance. Sean and I went in on Friday morning to Labor and Delivery triage for our scheduled aversion. Thursday evening, Sean asked if we should pack any bags just in case, my response "no, we will be home by noon". We both took Friday off and were planning on hanging out Friday afternoon just the "two" of us...little did we know, Luke had another plan in mind! Friday morning we arrived at 9:15 to register and get set up on the fetal monitor, they wanted to monitor the baby for at least an hour prior to the aversion to make sure everything was good. Baby's heart rate was consistently ranging between 140-148 during the hour long monitor. We proceeded with the aversion, however without success. He was able to move his butt right up, but had no luck getting his head to move. After 10-15 minutes of trying we all agreed it was time to stop. Dr. P had explained we would go ahead and schedule a c-section for 39 weeks when I came in for my 38 week appt this week (today actually). They once again put me on the monitor to make sure baby was fine, this is routine to monitor for 30-45 minutes after an aversion attempt. Unfortunately when they got me hooked back up, baby's heart rate was around 102, which was not comforting to any of us. They had a look of concerned and had me lay on my side. Once I laid on my side, the heart rate accelerated to 120, but then decelled a few time to the low 100's. They kept me on the monitor for a good hour, Sean commented we were going to be there all afternoon because they just weren't comfortable with the highs and lows. I had asked them if I could sit up because my back was getting sore from the way I was laying. When I sat him baby's heart rate plummeted to 56 (a number I will never forget). They immediately got me back on my side and it shot up to 115. Within a few minutes Dr. P came around the corner and said "you are going to have a baby today!" I can only imagine the look on our faces. The emotions ran over me...at first I laughed, like "you have got to be kidding me", then I got excited thinking we are going to get to meet our Sweet Little One today, then I got scared. Within a few minutes we were prepping and getting ready for a c-section and shortly after our Precious Little Luke made his grand entrance to the world kicking and screaming letting us know he was as healthy as ever! We feel so blessed by his presence and are so thankful for Dr. P and the medical staff that was taking care of us, for their decisiveness in proceeding quickly with the c-section and keeping us all in such great care. We are couldn't be happier with the care and concern we received by Dr. P and the entire staff that we worked with. Luke has been such an amazing gift from God, and we are over joyed by his presence. I don't think anyone could have prepared Sean and I for the amount of joy, love, and awe we have for our little Luke and the entire experience of bringing a child into this world. We find ourselves just standing and watching over him daily, God is so good!
As you can tell by my lack of blogging, I have been a little preoccupied (rightfully so). I will try to update as much as possible with the daily happenings at the Merrick household with the wonderful addition of Luke Michael, but since his wonderful addition to my life, it takes on a whole new meaning.
One last note...THANK YOU to everyone who has helped us out over the last week...my parents for staying with us over the weekend and welcoming us home Monday, cleaning our house, organizing all Luke's things, running errands, getting all the last minute things we hadn't gotten yet, cooking countless meals, etc...we can not thank you enough for all you have done for us! To our great friends, Brett & Carrie Eliuk, Carrie rushed our camera to the hospital and made it at 2:15 pm, just a few minutes before Luke's arrival, so we could capture the most memorable moments of our lives, thank you for taking care of Gunner, bringing over food, and lending us your video camera. (on the list of things to purchase that hadn't been purchased yet). Our friends the Rozewicz and Adloffs for bringing over meals...very much appreciated and SO delicious. To all of you have called, left messages, sent flowers, stopped by the hospital and house, and the many gifts...we are so blessed by each and everyone of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment