Thursday, March 1, 2012

such a big boy

Luke at 2 1/2 years old

It's been awhile since I have just updated on "what is going on in the world of Luke!" Can I just start by saying, "please, please stop growing up so fast!!!!" If you didn't notice my wordless Wednesday post, please take a look and you will realize just how true it is when I say, our house is always full of laughter! The things Luke does and the words he speaks, makes us laugh endlessly and that is what we love so much about our growing boy Luke. Everyday he grasps something new, he speaks more sentences, and has started asking "why cause" a lot lately, which makes for some very interesting conversations. Some days it is the simple responses I get from him that make me laugh all day long. For instance, I picked him up from school yesterday and I asked him what did he learn at Ms. A's today, his response "nothing". I love how much Luke loves his little brother, although some days you would think Luke forgot about his existence, but most days he is always inquiring about "Ben wake, Ben nap". Ben loves his brother just as much, always watching his every move, and just laughs and laughs when Luke talks to him. Luke loves his furry brother Gunner more than you can even imagine. There are many days he heads to the basement and would play for hours with Gunner. He gets a little upset when Gunner doesn't follow as he says, but oh, do those two boys play so well together. Although we are biased, I have to say Luke is one heck of a baseball player, he refuses to hit off a tee and only wants to be pitched to. He loves to hit baseballs and has one heck of a line drive, that is for sure. Luke is getting so much better at playing toys in the toy room by himself, and he has quite the imagination. We have a lot of black bears roaming our house and you can be safe from them if you get on the boat! Luke loves loves loves his Bop & Nannie, he just can't get enough. Every day he will at some point cry out for them or demand we get in the big rig (Sean's truck) and go to the farm. We are heading up there for a much needed trip in a couple of weeks and everyday Luke says "two weeks mom, bop nannie farm?" You are a very persistent boy, some days more persistent than we would like. For example, "mommy, chocolate milk. Mommy, chocolate milk please. Mommy chocolate milk. Please, please, please, please. Mommy chocolate milk. chocolate milk please mommy...." You get where I am going, all without me getting a word in. Potty training has been a success! Luke is staying dry all day, every day, we are just working on going poopy on the big boy potty. He tells us when he has to go but wants a diaper on, then will say "change now"! I have to say, it was a lot less stressful than I imagined it to be. A couple of weeks ago we signed Luke up to start preschool next Fall, two days a week at Parkview Christian. We are excited about the opportunity for Luke to attend such a wonderful preschool program. We haven't decided yet, but we may keep him going to Ms. A's one day a week because he loves it so much and she is wonderful!


Luke, you have an amazingly outgoing personality, you are a very independent boy, you love your friends dearly, and you like to be busy. You have wanted to watch more TV lately, which we don't care for, but I know once it warms up and you can go outside, we won't be able to keep you indoors. Our house is full of excitement, laughter, and many days chaos...but we love it more than you can imagine and are so thankful for the smile you bring to our faces every waking minute of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment