I was traveling this week to North Dakota for work and I missed my boys so much. I saw so many families in the airport together heading on trips for Spring Break and reminded me even more how much I wanted to be with them enjoying the beautiful Spring weather! The weather has been nothing but AMAZING this week and we are all loving it! The boys just can't get enough of being outside. Just being gone from the boys a few days, I realized today just how much they can change in a mere 3 days. I went to get Luke this morning and he said "Mommy, you take daddy's truck to airport. Daddy drive your car." When did he start creating sentences??? Helloooo my child, please stay this age!
Ben now has two teeth and is just the happiest little guy around. He and Luke love to roll around on the floor and make each other laugh. Tonight after dinner, we were doing just that and they had each other giggling I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear, awe...it just makes my heart so happy!
I do have to hand it to Sean for holding down the fort and doing such a great job while I was gone. I know it is not easy working all day and coming home to care for the boys 100% , alone. They had a great few days and they were all happy:) We have a funny story, I can't resist sharing it. So I got home last night around midnight, I checked on my sleeping babies and crawled into bed myself. A tour across North Dakota will wipe a girl out! This morning Ben woke at 7 am...12 hours consecutive hours of sleep! (He must have known his mama was tired) When I went to go get him I noticed his sleeves were wet, I thought to myself, 'my, he must have been sucking on his sleeves'. Then I quickely noticed his entire pajamas and sleep sack were wet. I figured Sean must not have gotten his diaper on right or Ben just really had a full bladder! When I undressed him...he was 'diaper less'!!!!! I laughed so hard, I cried. When I told Sean, he laughed a little, then said "Here, I thought I was Father of the Year, our night could have been any more perfect, dinner, baths, bedtime, no crying, and Ben sleeps 12 hours!" We laughed about it and it still makes me laugh out loud. I said, I will taking a soaking wet baby for 12 hours of sleep anytime! Although, we were both shocked that Ben slept through it, because when I say soaking wet, I mean "100% soaked"!
I am taking a few days off of work to spend with the boys and celebrate Sean's birthday, which happens to be on Sunday. I am loving that the weather is so nice and really looking forward to some time outside with the boys. Sean is off to Dubuque tomorrow for an annual NCAA get together with his college buddies and I am heading to my parents with the boys this weekend. Sean is meeting us up their on Saturday. Luke has been talking about Nannie and Bops all week and driving his gator! We hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment