As I said in a previous post, I indulged in a girls weekend in Chicago this past weekend and to say it was amazing is an absolute understatement. What a great weekend it was, so simple, but oh so wonderful. A few girls live in Chicago, two in Michigan, and myself and another friend live in Iowa. Kate and I left Iowa a little after 8, and didn't realize how quick a 3 1/2 hour trip could go. No music, just wonderful conversation, nonstop! We all met up at the Valeo Spa at the JW Marriott downtown Chicago at noon on Saturday. We had a private yoga session for the seven of us, what better way to start a spa day, than unwind with deep breathing & stretching. Next up, our private transition room, perfect for a quick afternoon nap, sip on some hot tea, and prepare for some pampering! We spent the next six hours in and out for spa treatments, we ordered room service to the transition room, indulged in a nice glass of wine, and the best...uninterrupted girl talk all afternoon long! We had to peel ourselves off the couches and head to our rooms for an 830 dinner reservation. While we all enjoyed taking our time getting ready without a child pulling at our leg and being interrupted, we agreed next year we would just stay relaxed and order pizza or carry out into the spa. We headed out to a fun small plates restaurant where we each secretly ordered a plate, we all sampled/tasted, and then voted on our favorite! It was a great end to an even more perfect day! Mind you, we are all mom's to young kids, a couple were pregnant, so having a good nights sleep was next on the list and we were all so so excited. Except for the rowdy group of guys at 4 a.m outside our door! None the less, it was peaceful, it was pleasant, and it was perfect. Sunday morning we got up, at our leisure, (most up by 8!) and headed for coffee and we were on our way. While it was a very quick trip, it was remarkable and just what we needed. I felt refreshed and I was so eager to squeeze my boys as soon as I walked in the door. However, I don't think they even noticed I was gone, they were too busy have way too much fun with Bop and Nannie! An amazing girls weekend that will soon become an annual trip!
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment