Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Changes

Isn't life all about changes??? We can never get too comfortable because before we know it, it's time to adapt to the "new"! We are no strangers to change, in our house I feel like things are changing daily, mostly our boys, now that Sean and I have settled into our careers and new house. Although, things are always changing but we aren't dealing with any major changes likes we have the past four years, we feel settled.
I am in complete awe of how these two little guys can change so much, overnight! I was once told, just when you think you have a "schedule" down, they go changing on you!
Today Luke told me he wanted to go to Ms. A's with "nemo underwear on". So that is what we did...today was the first day we ventured outside of the house without a diaper! I said a couple of prayers as I drove to pick him up that I would find him in his same clothes, unfortunately, I did not! However, he did go to the bathroom once. When it was time to go again, he sat on the potty, and couldn't go. So when he went to wash his hands...he looked at Ms. A and said "potty". Sure enough, the running water got the waterworks going, in his pants! Oh well, he did well. He came home dry and went as soon as we got home...we are making progress!
Ben had a much better night last night, he woke up at midnight, I gave him some tylenol and numbing drops in his ears and he went back to sleep til 545am....how refreshing was that! I hope it continues, but understand if we have a few more rough nights til we get his little ears healthy. As I have mentioned, Ben is quite mobile, rolling all over, scooting himself to toys, and getting up on his knees. I was afraid to take him out of his swaddle with all the issues we have had with him getting a good night sleep, but I knew it was time when I kept waking myself to check and make sure he was still on his back being he was swaddled. The past couple of nights and days he has gone without being swaddled and he is doing wonderfully! Once we lay him down, he immediately rolls to his tummy and gets some zzzzz's!
Change is good, its keeps life exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment