Monday, January 16, 2012

Luke's latest & phone pictures

This is a random shot of some pictures I recently took off my phone that highlight a little about our two boys that bring so much energy and joy to our house. It has been awhile since I have given a recap on what Luke is up to being I don't do monthly posts any longer on him. We are having so much fun with him and each day he does something new that makes us laugh even harder! Luke is such a great big brother and a tremendous helper around the house. He loves to help do just about anything we could ask, whether it is to get a diaper, pick up his shoes, or throw away trash. He is always willing and ready to do anything we ask! He loves to play pretty rough with Gunner and Gunner loves it just as much. Every morning Luke will go to the basement to see "Gundy", chase him, wrestle him, or grab his collar and walk him around the basement. Luke is getting so much better at playing independently with his tractors and trains. He loves to play farm and is very particular about what Bop does and usually follows the pattern of what my dad does on the farm. Speaking of farm, Luke is obsessed with Bop and Nannies "barm", blue, john deere's, and tows (aka cows). He loves to spend time at the farm, and he loves it just as much when his Bop and Nannie come stay at "Luke's house". Everything is in third person to Luke, "Luke's house, Luke's toat (coat), Luke's ball, Luke's choo-choo" you get it! Lately when Sean and I are talking he will hold his hands out and say "top guys" (stop guys), if he wants to say something. We are working on him tapping our shoulder or saying excuse me, but for now it is "top guys". Friday night my parents came down and he wanted them to put him to bed, the three of them were walking up the stairs and he noticed he forgot his water cup, so he yells "stop guys, tup water". His vocabulary is expanding and I love watching him think about what he wants to say when he is telling a story. For example he will run to the window and say "momma hurwy, two does eat drass", or "bop nannie Luke's house two days" Everything is "two". I had told Luke that uncle Mitch was going to come tonight for his birthday dinner, so this morning when he woke he said "Mitch Luke's house cupcake". It is so fun to watch him grow and learn, he is quite the story teller and loves to make people laugh! We are working on staring to potty train with marshmallows and money! Luke's latest obsession is marshmallows, so if he sits on the potty we give him a marshmallow to eat while he sits and reads his books. If goes on the potty he gets to put money is in piggy bank to buy a new John Deere! Luke is still going to Ms. A's twice a week and he loves going! He knows all of his friends names and he is good an showing me how to get to her house every time I take him, "dat way mama"! He is growing like a weed, wearing mostly all 3t pants and some 3t shirts. His famous saying when we dress him in the morning is "too tight". Everything is tight! He is still sleeping in his crib tent and I am very hesitant to transition him to a big boy bed anytime soon. He is such a good sleeper and napper. Lately after I read him his bed time books and will always want to take one book to read in his bed, so I will dim his light and he will sit in there and read. I like to turn the monitor on and listen to him tell his own story! I usually give him a few minutes then go back on and take the book and shut his light off. He is getting so independent! We love the excitement he brings to our home, there is never a quiet moment. We are working on using our inside voices, especially when Ben sleeps. Luke loves to make Benny smile and laugh so he is always trying to say and do funny things. He loves to give him sloppy kisses on top of his head and help him roll! I am truly amazed at how much he has grown up in the past few months!


On our way to the mall, Luke found Sean's ski goggles and wore them for days!


Luke is into putting on our shoes, hats, gloves, anything he can find!
Another morning with the ski goggles, this time he was fixing his sled with the screwdriver. Notice the unmatched pajamas, he is into picking out his clothes now too!


Such a good helper, washing Ben's bottles


Little Ben smiling while in his carseat...this is a rare moment!


We introduced Ben to the jumparoo a few weeks ago and he loves it! He will sit in it playing with all the exciting toys and then will just sit back and watch Luke run around like crazy in the toy room


This is even more rare! A couple of weeks ago we went to the mall to buy a treadmill and get out of the house. We were walking through the mall and I looked down to see this, I was shocked! Ben hates his carseat and isn't a big fan of the stroller either. So when I saw this I wanted to jump around right there in the mall! I thought we were making strides, but Ben reminded me a few days later that he really did in fact dislike his carseat!


Chillin' out sucking on his fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment