Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ben is 4 months old

My oh my...how can it be that little Ben is already 4 months old?!?! This little boy is full of smiles and he sure knows how to brighten our days by flashing that adorable smile of his! He can be tired as can be, but will smile as soon as you do. I feel like we are just getting the hang of Mr. Ben's schedule, or at least until it changes again. It took some time to figure out what this little guy wanted all the time, but I will say he is a complete joy and the best addition to our family. Luke loves Benny so much, talking to him all the time, which makes me smile. Ben is already looking up to his big bro, watching his every move. There was a point where I was feeling a little guilty not giving Ben all the attention when he was awake and playing, but Luke sure keeps him busy, as Ben always has to keep an eye on him! So sweet little Ben, what are you up to at 4 months old??? You have your 4 month check and shots tomorrow so I will give a stat update after your appointment!
-You are a very happy baby, always smiling, cooing, and laughing. You are a pure joy, even when you are tired, as long as someone is talking to you!
-you are getting the hang of napping in your crib, still will take naps in your swing when you just aren't having it in your crib. This is all new in the past week or so. I dedicated sometime during my time off to get you to nap in your crib and sleep through some whimpers!
-you are taking 3 solid naps, occasionally 4 if one of them is short
-you still despise your car seat, we are hopeful that you are making strides. You feel asleep in your carrier at the mall this week so I have my fingers crossed you are getting the hang of it. But up until this point, you are not a fan one ounce.
-you are exclusively being breastfed, eating around 6 times a day depending on your night
-you are toying with sleeping through the night on occasion but not consistent.
-you like to go to bed by 7pm, we usually start wind down around 6:30 or so. You will then sleep until 4-5am, occasionally waking at 2 am. I have my fingers crossed you will start to give me more full nights sleep
-you had your 2nd ear infection this month. You are a trooper and still happy when you are sick, but I could tell you weren't sleeping well, so I took you in on December 23rd before the holiday to make sure and sure enough, both ears:(
-today it was 61 degrees outside so you sat in your carrier and watched Luke and the neighbor kids play
-wearing size 2 diapers and mostly 3-6 mo clothes
-you are rolling both from tummy to back and back to tummy
-you like to sit in your bumbo seat and watch all the excitement around you!
-you love to be read and talked to
-we are still swaddling you and sleeping with a sleep positioner, although I see that going away soon. You are very strong and bust out frequently
-you have the most precious smile and adorable little laugh that can brighten any and all days!
Mr. Ben you are the sweetest little boy around, very content, and quite the chatterbox. You get really excited when people talk to you, you kick your legs like crazy. We are loving each minute with you and watching you grow...although you are growing too fast! We love you to the moon and back little Benny!

I had to snap a picture of this cute little guy in his bibs
our happy little Ben

Full of smiles at 4 months old

January 3, 2012

Luke wants the sticker...

...see mom!

...ok Benny, you can have it back!

You will have to excuse me here...but I just had to snap this picture tonight as I was putting Ben to bed...are these snuggles not the best thing in the whole wide world???? I LOVE THEM! I don't ever want to forget these sweet moments because as Ben is growing so fast, I won't get these snuggles much longer. This is the best way to end a very chaotic day and puts everything into perspective. I just love snuggling my little guys:)

No comments:

Post a Comment