Priceless moments with our Sweet Little Luke...
Mesmerized by the sight of this Sweet Little Boy, just minutes old...
There has been something on my mind a lot lately that I wanted to write a quick post on...for all you mom's out there, whether you are mothering one child, several, or anticipating the arrival of a new baby, I am sure you can relate. Lately, I am enamored by how quickly the time has gone raising Luke, and going with the anticipation of our sweet Baby #2. I find myself wondering how is it possible to have so much love for not only my husband, but for TWO kids!? When we had Luke, I never knew it was possible to have so much love for someone so new and small, how can I have more? How will I share my time and make sure Luke still feels so very special? These thoughts cross my mind a lot throughout the day as I view my expanding waistline. Lately, I find myself rocking Luke to sleep...why am I doing that, we never rock him to sleep? Well, it is because this sweet little 6lb 4oz baby is five times the size in a short 20 months, and I don't know how much longer I will get cuddle time with my growing son?! The moments are so bittersweet...I love watching him grow, learn new things, and am amazed at all the new words and actions, however its happening all too fast. In just a few short months we will welcome home a new baby and Luke won't be my baby anymore...I love our Sweet Little Luke more than I can put into words and for now...I am okay with rocking him to sleep, even though one day I will kick myself, but for right now this mama needs it! Last night I told Sean I was going to check on Luke after he had gone to sleep, little did he know I picked up our sleeping boy and sat in the rocker and just held him. Priceless moments...
Tiffy, this one made me cry. I feel the same way and June is only 7 months old! I've said the same thing - I don't know how people do it with more than one, can't imagine it. You will have to let me know how it goes! :) I am thinking of you! Savor the special moments! Love you!
ReplyDelete