Monday, February 7, 2011

Absence

Pardon my absence from the blog lately. Our house has been hit with sickness, well Luke & I have been. Luke came down with a high fever of 103 last Friday and ended up with crupe. It was a very long week taking care of a very sick little boy. He was feverish for nearly four days, finally took him in on Monday just to make certain he didn't have pneumonia because we could feel his lungs rattle when we would rub his back. Thank goodness it was nothing more than crupe. But still bad. Poor guy could barely breath, then when all the crap started to loosen and he would cough so hard he would throw up. Last Wednesday I changed outfits four times and we had Luke in six changes of clothes. Aside from caring for a sick little boy...we received close to a foot and a half of snow and were literally snowed in all day Wednesday. That was ok with me because Luke and I weren't going anywhere. Ms. Judi couldn't get in our subdivision anyway, so it was a family snow day! Luke is doing much better now, he is coughing still but he is back to his crazy self. I on the other hand am sporting a box of Kleenex as an accessory these days. My nose is raw and my sinuses are killing me. Sean was gone Thursday through Saturday night, since he has been home he has taken over all duties of the house...THANK YOU! I got to sleep in until 8 a.m. yesterday which was exactly what I needed. I am hopeful this doesn't hang around too long and that Sean immune system can fight this bad boy off.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sean shoveling the sidewalk
Thank you to our wonderful neighbors for plowing out our driveway
Sean has now invested in a heavy duty snow blower!
Our subdivision did not get plowed out until 7pm Wednesday night. Neighbors came together and used their snow blowers/plows to try and make a pathway for people to get out and get to to work.

Luke loved to watch the snow blower


Luke helping me get some work done on Wednesday
(This was taken from my phone)

One of Luke's latest obsessions
"bushing" his teeth!
I recently purchased a pack of 6 toothbrushes because Luke is known to go through our bathroom drawers searching for a toothbrush

Luke keeping himself preoccupied in the kitchen while I make dinner!


Our sick little boy...all he wanted to do was watch TV (that's when we knew he was really sick because this child does not like to sit for any reason, let alone watch TV)

No comments:

Post a Comment