One of my favorite pictures of my sweet BOYZ
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Hi-Bye
The title to this post pretty much sums it up lately! Sean and I have been so busy with work and travel that I feel like we barely have enough time to say Hi before we are saying bye again. We work very hard on coordinating our travel & meeting schedule so that one of us is home every night to put Luke to bed and see him up in the morning. With that in mind, we coordinate our schedules so tight that if and when are travels coincide one of us is arriving home while the other is walking out the door. This week I was off to Sioux Falls, SD Tuesday & Wednesday, and Sean is flying out Thursday for Dallas. Fortunately/Unfortuately my flight was canceled yesterday morning after I sat in the plane on the tarmak for nearly two hours. Fortunately I got to come home to my boys, unfortunately I missed a few meetings. Next week, I head to Florida on Wednesday arriving home on Friday, while Sean flies out Friday morning and returns the following Tuesday. So in between all of this crazy work travel you would think we would want to enjoy a quiet weekend at home...not so much! We are off to Wisconsin Dells this weekend to take Luke to the Wildneress Indoor Waterpark. We visited there this summer and he had a blast. I am really looking forward to seeing his excitement when we arrive on Saturday morning. We are meeting three other families with young kids, so while the waterpark will be pure joy for Luke, playing with the other kiddos will be even better than playing with "just" mom and dad! Luke has recently started showing off this "really excited, I can't control it grin", and I absolutely am in love with it. It melts my heart to know that he is truly over joyed. Today his fisher price lawn mower arrived, so when I opened the box tonight, that "really excited, I can't control it grin" came out and I about lost it. He was so excited that when it was time for dinner, he tried to pull his lawn mower up with him in his high chair. I leaned it up against his chair and that did the trick. At the end of the day it is all about finding balance. While many days it might be more challenging to find it, it makes it pretty darn easy to find it when I get to come 'home' to my wonderful, healthy boys that make me smile and laugh endlessly.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment