Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What's Luke up to?

As the weather here in Iowa is brutally cold, we are spending lots of time doing inside activities. Luke has had several first experiences with finger paint, chalk, crayons, and bath tub crayons & painting!

Luke's 1st painting
Let's just say this was a big ole mess! We have painted again, and each time we do a better job of cleaning up so I am not wearing paint and it isn't all over my counter! Hence, why we are giving bath tub painting a shot!
Luke driving the ambulance at the Children's museum.
Best investment of the year...buying a family pass!
We frequent the museum and Luke absolutely loves it. He knows exactly where to go first. After we check in and hang up our coats he darts for the stairs so he can go work in the Farm Room! He plants vegetables, drives the tractor, racks the garden, and goes down the slide in the barn. When we are done in the Farm Room, off to save some people! Luke loves to drive the ambulance and hold the babies in the hospital nursery.
Caught red handed eating my yogurt~Such a big boy
This is what happens when Luke is finished eating his breakfast and I make a mad rush to clean up his tray before he scatters his remains all over the kitchen floor~yes, we are working on keeping food ON THE TRAY! I turn my back for a couple of minutes to clean up his mess, only to find him sitting in my chair, eating my yogurt like a big boy!
I also want to document for my own purposes that we have started time-outs with Luke. I wish I had a picture of him sitting so good, but I didn't think that would serve a good purpose. We were very reluctant because Luke does not sit still for a moment, we thought, how in the world can we get him to sit in time out. Much to our surprise, he does a good job. He has a spot on the 2nd step on the staircase going up and he faces the front door. Right now, he sits for 90 seconds. He has been in time out a few times for throwing food off his tray when we tell him "no" and he shakes his head NO then throws it across the kitchen. He has also been in timeout for climbing the wine fridge after several warnings. We have to be careful saying the word "time out" because he will run to the stairs on his own. As everything is...a work in progress!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!! I just got back to work and as breaks I caught up as it was in my RSS reader. I love it and it's a perfect distraction for me!! :)

    I feel like I know Luke - and love the haircut!! I hope you're doing well - I miss you!!

    XOXO,
    Bee

    ReplyDelete