Well...it has happened, Luke is definitely a Grandma's boy! It was pretty apparent over the holidays that he favored my mom, but still giving lots of attention to Grandpa and his aunt & uncles. However, it has become more obvious that this little boy is all about his Maam-ma!
This weekend my parents were kind enough (I know right...I had to twist their arms) to come down and watch Luke so Sean and I could go to Chicago for the day to attend his dad's induction into the Illinois Track & Cross Country Coaches Hall of Fame. (more on that later)
Luke calls my mom maam-ma or maybe even sometimes maa-maa, and my dad Bop! He had such a fun time with them this weekend, and enjoyed a visit from Uncle Mitch too. One of Luke's new words "Mitch" and he says it plan as day. They played lots of basketball, colored, road on his new bike, and of course watched football, or BAWW as Luke says.
Come Sunday morning when it was time for Maam-ma and Bop to leave, the tears started flowing. I am sure it made it so hard for my parents to leave knowing that Luke was reaching out for his Maam-ma and crying all together.
What I haven't mentioned, as that when my mom is around, I apparently to not exist to Luke:( boo-hoo!
It is so wonderful to see how much Luke loves and enjoys his grandparents!
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is a funny thing how those boys love their Grandmas. I guess it is hard for them not to. :D Decklyn does the same thing with both of his grandmas and I do not exist when they are around! LOL
ReplyDelete