Hello from Sioux Falls, South Dakota! We have had quite a whirlwind these past couple of weeks and I am thankful that I have been able to work close to home. Not ideal timing to travel for a couple of days, or is it? I am in South Dakota for a few days this week for meetings with reps. On one hand I can think of a million and one things that need to be done at home, all that is left to organize, and all that is left at the town home to move. On the other hand, it has been nice to get back into the groove of things, aside from moving and organizing our house. So here I am trying to enjoy some downtime in my hotel room before my next meeting. Which has me thinking...remember the days when there was no such thing as stress? I am reminded with the amount of stress I carry and I am attempting with all my effort to let go and just let things happen. So I am looking through several pictures on my laptop, thinking of Luke, and what he must be up to right now while I am away. Well, he probably just woke up from his afternoon nap, happy as can be, eating his yogurt snack, and down to the basement to play with Gunner, or up to his toy room to see how many times he can throw his ball through the basket. I think about the stage in life that Luke is and how much he learns everyday, yet I am also reminded, how much I learn from him. I am learning so much more from this little guy who isn't quite 15 months old than he even knows he is teaching. He teaches me things like...how just one hug can make a whole day perfect, how something as simple as mommy sneezing is funny, how much fun an empty box can be, how the beauty of a fire can be so mesmerizing, how beautiful it is to watch it snow outside, how the simple words mommy and daddy can have so much love in them, and the list goes on and on...
Not only are we totally in love with our busy little Luke, but he teaches us more and more everyday than I feel I can teach him in several years.
This year as we enjoy the holiday season of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, I am reminded of the true meaning of the holidays. I am THANKFUL. I am BLESSED. Each day my life is blessed with a wonderful loving family & amazing friends, and the beauty among all the 'simple' things in life.

my simple teacher
When we let go of things, we release their hold on us and free ourselves to enjoy the every day miracles that grace our lives: a golden sunset, silvery clouds, waves rolling ashore, the stars spangling the night time sky. “Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” (Matthew 6: 33)
No comments:
Post a Comment