Tuesday, December 14, 2010

All Smiles

Good evening, as I write from the Omaha Marriott. I understand my boys are having a rough night back home, which makes me so sad. While the picture above can be deceiving, this little boy isn't always "all smiles". Lately Luke has been giving us a little run for our money with his bedtime routine, quite honestly when I think about his little tricks, I laugh, but in the heat of the moment, it is not so funny! I want to say it is his "new room", but that is wearing off as we have been in our new house for almost three weeks. In addition to his bedtime tricks of trying to get out of going to bed, he has been throwing lots of "fits", or tantrums might be more familiar to some of you. Again, funny when I think about how this little boy knows enough to fall to the ground, bury his head, and shed a few tears. Not so funny in the heat of the moment. We are getting very good at just walking away or better yet, we laugh at him and he immediately wrinkles his nose in confusion and starts to laugh along with us. I am baffled...how and where does he learn this? We certainly don't fall to the ground and start kicking and screaming when things don't go our way! However, it would be quite funny though:) I know that it doesn't work in our house, so I spare the attempt and embarrassment. Although, I wonder what Sean would do if I attempted to fall to the kitchen floor, buried my head in my hands, started to cry, then peak out to see if he is watching...sounds pretty ridiculous, so where on earth did Luke learn to do this? I am telling you, this little show he is putting on, happens hourly!
All the while, we are enjoying our little tantrum throwing 15 month old Sweet Little Luke. His latest obsession, aside from throwing little fits here and there, slam dunk basketball! It is quite comical. He will run up to his basketball hoop, literally slam the basketball, then raise his hands as he awaits an applause accompanied by the roar of the crowd (mom & dad). AND if we don't roar, he "roars" for himself!
Well, that is all I have for "what's going on in the life of Luke".

No comments:

Post a Comment