Once again, I am writing from the Minneapolis airport. My work has taken me away from home a bit more than I like or enjoy. It makes it hard to enjoy my job when I travel more than usual because all I can think about is being home with my family, what I am missing, and how inconvenient I am being to my husband, son, and babysitter. Most days I do enjoy working and what I bring to my team and organization, however, today is not one of them. We have been battling a double ear infection with Luke so our nights are severly interrupted with his painful scream, so not only am I exhausted from caring for him in the wee hours of the night, leaving for the airport at 4:45 a.m doesn't add anything to the cause. Sorry to be a downer...but I am having one of those days! Yes, we are all entitled to one of those days. I like to manage my schedule so that I have overnights every other week, unfortunately meetings have come up that have made me travel the past four weeks:( I am thankful to have such a wonderful husband that is getting very good at playing Mr. Mom! Not to mention, it gives Sean and Luke a great opportunity to have some "guy time"!
Sean just informed me that Luke crawled up and over his gate! I guess his crib will be next!!! Do we get one of those crib tents to keep him confined?!?!? ha! We have some great video of him crawling and standing on his little car as well. This kid loves to climb and then he stands and jumps proudly of his accomplishment.
Sean just informed me that Luke crawled up and over his gate! I guess his crib will be next!!! Do we get one of those crib tents to keep him confined?!?!? ha! We have some great video of him crawling and standing on his little car as well. This kid loves to climb and then he stands and jumps proudly of his accomplishment.
This weekend we are heading up to my parents place and we are so looking forward to a pleasant Fall weekend on the farm. Luke is going to get his first or many tractor rides and we are going to enjoy the quietness and simple life of the farm. My favorite season is Fall and there is nothing better than spending these weekends at my parents beautiful farm. If you haven't ever been there, I can't explain, but I can surely try! Allamakee County has to be one of the most beautiful parts of the state, so venture out. You travel down a mile of gravel road winding side to side, up and down hills, all amidst the beautfy of colored trees hanging over the road. The gravel road is lined with leaves, only leaving a gravel path where the car tracks have paved a way. It is breathtaking!
So you ask, but the leaves haven't changed yet??? No, they haven't and I sure wish they would, just for me this weekend. Unfortunately our weekends in October and early November are occupied with football games, visitors, and MOVING!
On that note...we are targeting a move in date of the 1st or 2nd weekend in November. They have started to dry wall and should be working on the exterior shortly. The only decisions we have left to make are the flooring and light fixtures. The building process has gone about as smoothly as one can imagine and we are SO excited to know that Santa will be stopping by 167 Auburn East Lane to visit the Merrick's!!!!!!
all the windows are in, the roof is shingled, the front door is in, insulation installed, now its time to dry wall
a view of the living room looking down from the upstairs
Hi Tiff! Feeling for you with all your traveling! Feel free to call me from the airport. The house looks GORGEOUS! So excited for you!
ReplyDelete