Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome to our blog

Thank you for taking a peek at our blog, we look forward to sharing our daily happenings and our life in Michigan. Some would say I have too much time on my hands...aka my husband, but I consider it time well spent sharing with you what's going on in our lives. As many of you know we moved to Michigan last March, almost a year...can you believe it?! We are thankful for the opportunities it has presented and the friends we have met here. It feels like "home" which is what we have been longing for. Our first year of marriage was one of many changes, with a wedding, moving, new jobs, new community, selling a house, renting a house, living in a hotel, and buying our first home together! We put a lot of faith in God that everything was going to work out with our jobs, finding a home, and selling a home, although it took some time and a lot of patience, here we are....One year later!


"For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord. "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

So here we are almost one year later....what have we been up to??? We have been initiated to the winters of West Michigan, over 110 inches of snowfall by the middle of January (normal average 85 inces), not to mention the expected 8-10 inches of snow we are to receive today/tonight! I pray that Sean can make it home safely. He is in Washington D.C for work this weekend. It seems he has been traveling quite a bit these past few weeks, and everytime he travels mother nature gives him a run for his money...snow, blizzard, freezing rain....let's just say we will happily welcome SPRING! We were able to take a break from the cold winter and spend a few days in the Bahamas with our dear friends Heath & Alicia Christians. Although we were expecting sunny, 85 degree weather, we got to experience their coldest day of the year, 58 degrees....Welcome to the Bahamas!!! The sun did decide to shine and warm up the island to about 70 degrees. Who can complain with 70 and sunny when we arrived back to the Midwest to a balmy 1 degree....brrrrrr!

Sean and I enjoying one of the nice days!

The Merricks & Christians
Here we are bundled up, the evening usually dipped down to the 50's

Last night I took advantage of Sean being gone to catch a "chick flick" with my friend Erin. We had a nice girls night, dinner and a movie! We went to see "confessions of a shopaholic". Although I can relate a "tad" bit to the movie, it was not as great as I was hoping...next on the list "He's just not that into you". Do you think I can get Sean to go to that with me???? You know, he did break down and go to 27 Dresses with me!!! He might have won husband of the year for going to that movie with me, he was one of four guys in the movie theater. Have you seen any good movies lately? I am always open for suggestions. Aside from my weekly TV shows of: House, Grey's Anatomy, Private, Practice, American Idol, and The Bachelor, I haven't seen any GREAT movies lately. I will add that if you haven't seen StepBrothers and you are looking for a reason to laugh....it is a must see! BTW...back to "The Bachelor", is anyone as upset as I am that Jason let Jillian go??? I might be boycotting the rest of the season, she is a gem!

Again, thank you for checking in us. Feel free to add a comment so I know you stopped by! That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment