Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Go Indians!

The Waukon Indians Girls Basketball team (my high school) just beat Cresco to earn a ticket to the big Dance in Des Moines at the State tournament...Way to go girls!!!! When I was in HS I would say we were average at best in basketball, probably not our strongest sport...as I am sure most of my fellow teammates would have to agree with me. Now volleyball and softball on the other hand, we pretty much dominated, but not so much in the game of basketball. Although I think we must of set an example for all the young gals of the Waukon community of "what not to be", because since I have graduated our girls basketball program has been top notch, winning State, back to back state appearances, and now another young team off to Des Moines. Congratulations girls!
How old do I feel??? I just realized tonight as I was listening to the game on kneiradio.com, that I use to teach some of these girls swimming lessons, now I'm not talking dive off the board, swim 10 laps, I'm talking tiny tots swimming...blow bubbles, splish, splash, kick your feet! Where does time go!

No comments:

Post a Comment