Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Soccer

Luke had the opportunity to play his first organized sport this Fall. As organized as a group of 3 year olds playing soccer can be! Luke had fun playing several weeks of soccer, his daddy was the coach, and his buddy Ben was on his team. We had to have several conversations with Luke not to push, we don't use our hands, and the object of the game is to kick the ball into the goal! He did kick the ball into the goal a couple of times, maybe the wrong one every now and again, but he sure had fun celebrating! At one point Sean had Luke take the sidelines so I could talk to him about pushing, and his comment to me was "but mama they won't give me the ball!"
 Luke and his friend Ben
 Fall Soccer
Team Panthers
 Doing some drills and warm ups before their game
 Coach Sean giving a pregame pep talk
 Going after the ball
How beautiful!
During Luke's last soccer game I became sad thinking that Mitch never got a chance to watch him play soccer. I was upset with myself that I didn't ask Mitch to come to Luke's first game on September 10th, I turned around to wipe my tears and saw this beautiful sky. It reminded me that Mitch was watching Luke play soccer! Mitch is always with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment