Tuesday, July 17, 2012

wild boys

I am missing my boys terribly as I am spending the week in Memphis for work. I found myself going through pictures on my phone today and realized I had some pretty good candid shots to show you "life with the Merricks as you know it"! Sean is holding down the fort at home and it sounds like my boys are having a great time together. Nannie is coming to the rescue tomorrow to spend a few days helping out. Ben is walking more and more everyday! Monday before I left he took 14 steps to me...it made my day because I was so afraid he would take a big leap in the number of steps while I was gone. So at least I got to see him walk and that it wasn't just a few steps from one thing to another! I do enjoy my phone conversations with Luke while I am away. It is so funny how random and yet so meaningful they can be!
 
Last week Sean was gone for a few days, Luke and I had strep, Ben had a runny nose, so after dinner this is what went down at our house...my boys playing naked=happy little boys!

 One morning after I had "made" our bed, I went out to the kitchen to do a couple of things while Luke & Ben played. I heard lots of giggles and this is what I returned to...they had taken off all the covers and were rolling around in our blankets...it sure is the simple things that bring a smile to these innocent little boys
 A couple of weeks ago, we were making our first family trip to Costco...Tough Mudder ensemble n all!!!
(the head band stayed in the car, but it was fun humor!)
 Sean had just commented on how Ben was such a good eater and wasn't throwing food off his tray like Luke always did...he spoke too soon, just like big brother! I guess Ben didn't want his potatoes for dinner, he literally picked every piece of potato off his tray and threw them on the floor.
 Dual purpose icing
After one of my long Saturday morning runs I needed to ice my knees, Ben found it to be a great remedy for teething!
 Our two sweeties love to eat popsicles on the porch! This was one of the few days the boys could enjoy an afternoon outside when it wasn't 100 degrees! This has been one of the hottest, most dry summers we have experienced in a long time! We are praying for rain daily for all the farmers, especially my dad and uncles!
This past Sunday Sean joined up with some friends in the Iowa Games Basketball tournament. He really enjoyed competing and having some fun with friends, and bringing home a gold medal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment