Our little ones are growing up...way.too.fast! It has occurred to me over the past couple of weeks all the milestones these boys are reaching that I have lacked to document, not for any other reason than, I am soaking it all up! These two sweeties make us laugh so much, we are thankful, and we feel so blessed to walk in this journey as a family experiencing all these wonderful memories. I remember growing up and truly enjoying every ounce of summertime, late bed times, Popsicles on the porch, ice cream sundaes, chocolate malts, the pool, sprinklers, drinking from the hose...the list goes on. I find myself thinking of so many great memories as a kid as I watch my little boys run around with little to no clothes on, in and out of the pool, eating Popsicles on the deck, staying up a little later than normal, Luke running through the sprinkler with his clothes on, spraying us with the hose, memories that will last a lifetime! The boys are at such a fun, (busy) age, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Luke is talking up a storm, repeating way too much, and really thinking about his sentences. A few of the latest: "daddy, you are my best friend", "mom, this is Nannie's room, but no Nannie in it", "Mom, should I say Benjamin David, he is not listening?" "Luke going to Nannie Bops two days". Luke has recently named one of the baby kitties on the farm, Pokey. He says nightly prayers "Dear God, thank you for my health, family, my friends, thank you keeping me safe." He is still as social as ever, hollering out to the neighbors any chance he can get, announcing his arrival at school, saying "hi" to everyone he passes, and loves all of his friends! We are working on transitioning to a big boy bed and he is pretty excited. Lately, we have been keeping his crib tent open for all naps and nighttime, he is doing great! We have several middle of the night awakenings, but he just walks back upstairs. Most of the time he will walk down in the middle of the night and say "miss you mommy"! We love watching Luke think about what is going on around him and we just never know what words are going to come out of his mouth.
Little Ben isn't so little anymore...growing up so fast. I can't believe in 2 short months we will be celebrating his first birthday. Ben has the cutest little chuckle, raspy little voice that he loves to be heard, and a smile that will brighten the biggest of rooms. Ben is walking all along the furniture, kitchen cabinets, and taken 6 steps on his own. I have a feeling it won't be long before those 6 steps are 12 steps! He loves to wrestle anyone that will lay on the ground and he is constantly going after Luke. We have started to notice when Luke is not around, Ben will look for him and I think he really misses him during the days when he is gone to Ms. A's.
I have taken a few days off last week to spend the long weekend home with the boys, and it was so much fun just hanging out, watching them play together in Ben's room after they both woke from naps. I've really enjoyed "slowing down" and just taking it all in. I feel like so many times I am in a hurry and trying to hurry them along, so it was nice to not have a whole lot going on and just enjoy/savor the times together.
We love our sweet little boys more than we knew was possible
Luke trying to give Ben some brotherly love, Ben enjoying the attention from Luke


No comments:
Post a Comment