"Yes mom, I do like to hang out just the two of us, at all hours of the night"
Growing up way too fastThe boys are keeping us going all around the clock, literally! Luke is a sponge, busy as ever, vocabulary expanding by the minute, and has the funniest personality. He is into making us laugh and then he will continue doing whatever it is and he has the most obnoxious fake laugh to accompany his funny behavior. He has really picked up on "Thank you mommy, Thank you daddy, No thank you". So much in fact, when it is time to change his diaper he will politely say, "No thank you mommy"! Lately when he really wants something he will say "Please please please please" he thinks the more he says "Please" the more likely he will get what he is asking for. We are working on keeping him in bed until 6:30 a.m, that is when his 'alarm clock' turns green. So each night when I lay him in bed I remind him wake up happy and when your light turns green you can call for me nicely. So each morning when he gets up, if his clock is not green, we will sit with him until it turns green before he can leave his room. He is getting better about waiting for it to turn green. The past several days he has been sleeping in until 6:45!!!! Wow, did I just say, sleeping in until 6:45 and I even got excited about it:)
Ben is growing leaps and bounds, I swear the little guy stretched out overnight, he is barely fitting into his 3 month onesie PJ's because he is getting so long. He is a very happy, talkative little boy, that likes to party all night long! The past few nights, I am not sure what has been going on, but he has been waking around midnight or so and doesn't want to go back to sleep, he wants to hang out with mama! Last night around 3 a.m, I asked him what it was that he wanted and he just smiled at me and babbeled. As frusterated as I was, I couldn't help but laugh, seriously Ben, you want to have a conversation with me at 3 in the morning!!!! ahhhhh! He finally went back to bed at 330, in his swing:( I was desperate. I am hoping this is a minor phase because just a couple of weeks ago he started sleeping through the night! His early evening nap is critical and has been boycotting that a bit because there is just too much action going on in our crazy house and he doesn't want to miss a beat! He is going to have fun keeping up with his big brother. For now, I am trying to remind myself this is just a phase and before I know it I won't get to rock with him, literally, in the wee hours of the night. As much as I want and need sleep, I will keep reminding myself of this. Until then, we just keep moving around the clock to the beat of our boys and their energy gets us through!
No comments:
Post a Comment