Tuesday, November 15, 2011

sick little boy

Unfortunately Ben has come down with his first ear infection:( boo-hoo for my sweet baby Ben. He had been fighting a cough for several weeks and it just wasn't getting any better. Another "unfortunately", Sean is sick with walking pneumonia, so I decided to take Ben in this a.m just to rule it out because he just couldn't kick the cough and it was severely effecting his sleeping. (and mine!) As it turns out is lungs were a bit noisy and his left ear is infecting. I hate to put the little guy on antibiotics, but I also want to get my boy healthy. So he is on his first dose of antibiotics. I feel absolutely horrible because I found myself getting frustrated with the digress in Ben's sleeping routine, especially night time, and here to find out this poor little guy has been fighting misery, and all the while being a pleasant little guy most of the time. I am very nervous about the long term effects of getting an ear infection so young, so I have our house loaded with sanitizers everywhere you look...extra vitamins for Sean, Luke, and I, and here is hoping we can keep all those nasty bugs out of our house. When Luke was a baby we joked he was a "bubble boy" and we certainly kept him secluded from all sickness which worked because he didn't get sick until he was nearly 10 months old. However, we can not do the same with Ben because we have Luke in activities with other kids (bugs passing from kid to kid non stop), which we can't keep Luke from doing. We will just make sure our hand washing is on overdrive and hopefully we can keep our house as healthy as possible to keep Sweet Baby Ben from getting sick.

He sure doesn't look sick, does he? Ben is loving tummy time and watching all the lights and listening to fun music on his toy
Yesterday we put Ben in the bumbo for the first time. He didn't love it, but he was pretty content for a few minutes looking around. He is getting so strong! I feel like once you can hold him on your hip, he won't seem like a baby anymore:( They grow up so fast, so we are cherishing every second we can with him and giving him extra snuggles and cuddles to help him get better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment