Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Luke stories

I have a Luke story about everyday, but I want to highlight a few funnies from the past couple of days!
I have received some feedback from Luke's teacher that he likes to play "rough" with the other kids, so we have been working on it and reminding him that we need to play nice with our friends or they won't want to play. So everyday before I drop him off on our way to Ms. A's I remind Luke to play nice, no wrestling, and share with your friends. So this morning we got to Ms. A's a little late so all the kids were down stairs already. Luke sat down to take off his shoes and he looked and me and said "Luke be nice, Luke no wessle, I share". Boy if I don't have it beat into his head! When I walked Luke down the stairs the a few kids shouted "yay, Luke's here!" This program has been so good for Luke, he truly enjoys going and has been learning to share and play so nice with his little friends.
This morning while I was getting his breakfast ready, Ben was in the swing and started fussing a little, so Luke ran over to the swing. Just as I was going to say "Luke, be nice." He beat me to it and said, "I be nice". Then he sat in front of the swing and shhhhh'd Ben, it completely melted my heart and made my day!
Last night Luke was in the basement playing with his new train set that some neighbors were so kind enough to share with Luke. I had just finished feeding Ben and Sean was cleaning up the dishes when Luke ran upstairs pretty upset. I asked him what was wrong and he said "Luke side". So Sean and I went downstairs thinking he was frustrated with his train set, and he pointed to our sliding glass doors all scared saying "Luke side". Here he was seeing his reflection in the window! We thought it was pretty funny but understood he was scared. So we all danced around and made funny faces in the window so he realized it was just us!
Last Luke story, I could go on forever, I just think this is so sweet! When it is bedtime he gives Sean his kisses, tells Gunner nigh-nigh, and off we go. Luke has a Buzz Lightyear doll that he got from Uncle Nate & Aunt Debbie for his birthday that needs to sit next to us on the chair and read books before bed. When it is time to get tucked in, he needs to sleep right between Buzz and his pet monkey. I have to cover all three of them up and Luke will say "Buzz, Luke, Monkey, bye-bye mama". He is just the sweetest little boy and such a creature of habit. Then when it is time to get up in the morning or from naps, he has to hand everything from his crib out, Buzz, Monkey, snuggles, his heart pillow, pumpkin pillow, and his blanket!
Oh the stories of Luke that we could tell all day. These are just a few as of late that I want to make sure he can read some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment