Monday, August 13, 2012

In sickness and in health...

Saturday, August 11th marked our Five year wedding anniversary. We tested our wedding vows, "in sickness and in health", and made the most of our Anniversary weekend! Unfortunately, I had been sick for a few days beginning last weekend and on Wednesday had my gallbladder removed. I spent Wednesday-Thursday in the hospital and am now recovery at home. So needless to say, our weekend plans of spending it in Wisconsin with friends was put on the back burner.  Sean sat with me all day Thursday as we anticipated getting me home, napping in the most uncomfortable chair next to me as we watched Olympics! Sounds pretty fun, huh?!
We spent a quiet weekend at home with our boys, and reflected on where we were 5 years ago, the joys, the challenges, our moves, and most importantly, where we are today with two beautiful little boys!
Five years ago, on our wedding day it was truly one of the most perfect days for us as we celebrated the beginning of our lives together, celebrating "us". Some days we have to remind ourselves it was "us" before we were "mom and dad", which can be hard to do when we juggle so much. I feel so blessed and humbled to be Sean's wife and the mother of his children. He makes me laugh and adds so much humor to all of our days. He cares endlessly and is my biggest supporter always.
We are hoping I am feeling better next weekend to actually go out and celebrate just the "two of us"! We spent our evening last night browsing resorts and vacation spots for the two of us to enjoy this February. I can hardly wait!
 The beginning of "Us"
 Our first trip together
Vail, CO
 The night we got engaged
 Our first Christmas together as "soon to be Mr. & Mrs"
 Engagement pictures
 August 11, 2007
The day I married my best friend
Thanks Babe for always finding a way to put a smile on my face, & putting up with me forever and always, Love you!
Luke
September 4, 2009
Ben
 September 3, 2011
The sweetest gifts
The Lord has blessed our lives in so many ways
these two little boys are the apples of our eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment