Thursday I had the opportunity to stay home with the boys because our sitter had to to take the day off sort of last minute. So I took advantage of the dreary, rainy day with the boys and we headed out after Ben's morning nap to the mall. I packed lunches for the boys and off we went to the children's museum. Luke always has so much fun going from room to room. A couple of his favorites are the airplane room, train room, and of course imagine acres, the farm room! Ben even enjoyed the museum this time...he loved all the people, the crazy kids running everywhere, and all the commotion! Ben will let out this little scream when he gets excited and he was letting it out quite a bit during our visit to the museum. Before we grabbed lunch, we visited Luke's favorite store Scheels! We had to pick out Sean some hunting boots as he was headed to the farm later Thursday to turkey hunt with his uncle Paul. The boys did so well as we shopped around and of course, looked at all the animals on display. We had a little lunch, ran to Target quick, and off we went to get home for naps. Luke was asleep before we even got out of the parking lot. Our little guy plays so hard, he was snoozing in no time. We made the transfer, got Ben down, and when both boys woke we headed over to our good friends the Reckers. We have been so blessed by a very wonderful small group of close friends that we do so much with. Wednesday night the four of us girls were out for pedicures and drinks, realized through conversation that all of our husbands were gone Thursday night, so we decided play group and pizza after naps was a must! The kids had so much fun and it made our evening fly by!
Friday afternoon I took off with the boys to my parents farm to join Sean up there for part of the weekend. We made a quick trip Friday afternoon, gave the boys their fix of the farm, and headed back Saturday night after the boys were bathed and in pj's. I have to be careful when I tell Luke we are going to the farm because he gets so excited, he won't stop talking about it and basically sit by the door until it is time to go. I had to spell it out to Ms. Judi that I was taking them up that afternoon! When it was time to go, I told Luke I had a surprise for him and started backing he and Ben's bag. He screamed "Nannie Bop farm!!!" He knew as soon as he saw his bag getting packed where we were headed. He quickly grabbed everything out of his bed, his blankie, white blanket, orange blanket, Buzz, Monkey, red pillow, and his pumpkin pillow...all had to go with! To say Luke loves going to Bop & Nannie's is an understatement, he talks about going at least once a day, if not several times. I love how much he loves it and seeing him run wild on the farm. He truly embraces "life on the farm". Sean and his Uncle Paul had some good luck hunting, which I will upload those pictures later, these pictures below are from my phone. Luke really enjoyed helping the "wash the turkey"!
Friday afternoon I took off with the boys to my parents farm to join Sean up there for part of the weekend. We made a quick trip Friday afternoon, gave the boys their fix of the farm, and headed back Saturday night after the boys were bathed and in pj's. I have to be careful when I tell Luke we are going to the farm because he gets so excited, he won't stop talking about it and basically sit by the door until it is time to go. I had to spell it out to Ms. Judi that I was taking them up that afternoon! When it was time to go, I told Luke I had a surprise for him and started backing he and Ben's bag. He screamed "Nannie Bop farm!!!" He knew as soon as he saw his bag getting packed where we were headed. He quickly grabbed everything out of his bed, his blankie, white blanket, orange blanket, Buzz, Monkey, red pillow, and his pumpkin pillow...all had to go with! To say Luke loves going to Bop & Nannie's is an understatement, he talks about going at least once a day, if not several times. I love how much he loves it and seeing him run wild on the farm. He truly embraces "life on the farm". Sean and his Uncle Paul had some good luck hunting, which I will upload those pictures later, these pictures below are from my phone. Luke really enjoyed helping the "wash the turkey"!

One of Luke's favorite things to do at the Children's museum! If you ask him where he is flying to he will say "Eattle to say Hi to Nate & Debbie" Sometimes at night before bed when we say our prayers, he prays for Nate and Debbie and will say we need to go to the mall so he can fly the jet plane to Eattle!
Ben most likely be mad at me someday for posting this picture, but it is too funny not to post! Ben is always on the go and super hard to stay in one place long enough to get a diaper back on. This is Ben lately...loves to climb up the slide!
This is Thursday afternoon, after both boys got up from their naps. I apologize for the quality, but I love how Ben is looking up at Luke with the biggest smile on his face! He loves to watch his big brother...and go where he goes!
Luke on the farm...ready to go out with Bop in the fieldHe spent most of the afternoon/evening in "tiny blue" with Bop hauling manure
Bop and Luke hard at work!
Luke enjoying his day on the farm..."doesn't get much better than this" he is thinking
Ben loved watching Bop drive back and forth through the yard in his tractor. Bop took a little break from farming and came to see little Ben. It is so funny, because this is Luke's favorite spot to go watch all the events outside. Ben kept crawling over to the area and tried climbing up the wall so he could see what was going on

Awww ... this post really warmed my heart. You have such a beautiful family!
ReplyDelete