Monday, April 16, 2012

"Hey Ladies..."

We have been enjoying our two little guys so much, they are both at such fun ages right now! Luke is talking up a storm, repeating, putting together a lot of thoughts & sentences, and showing a lot of emotion. Ben is mobile mobile, chattering ma-ma & da-da, waving bye bye, antagonizing his brother, and melting our hearts! Both boys love spending time outside and enjoy being on the go. This weekend Sean and I took the boys on a "family run" and were not quite sure how it was going to go. The longest I have gone with them has been 2 miles with snacks! Sunday we wanted to knock out four miles so after Ben's nap we loaded up and headed out, they were CHAMPS! They both did so well, it made our run an enjoyable family outing (if that makes sense!?). Luke wanted to run, so when we got closer to home we let him out and we all raced up the hill. Another family favorite is enjoying a trip to a local yogurt shop, Ghuerties. Tonight was one of those nights that I was itching for a little frozen yogurt so we headed out after dinner. Luke opened the door and saw two young girls sitting at a table enjoying their yogurt, his reaction was to shout, "Hey ladies!" Sean looked back and me and lipped "hey ladies"! I was laughing so hard I was crying...seriously, where on earth does he come up with this stuff?!?! That's our social little Luke!
One of my favorite moments with both boys is putting them to bed. With Ben it is our cuddle time and I find myself spending a few extra minutes putting him to bed because I could just eat up his sweetness and snuggles. Putting Luke to bed is our time to "chat". We do the routine of potty, brush teeth, pjs, and books. Its after the books that I enjoy our little conversations. Every night is a treat, not knowing where his thoughts are going to take his conversations, but loving every one of them. Whether it is praying for Santa Claus, talking about the light on his smoke alarm and fire trucks, saying Hi to Nannie, Bop, and Jim Joe, going to the mall to catch a jet plane to fly to "Eattle" to visit Nate & Debbie or talking about black bears outside! His imagination is running wild and we are enjoying the ride with him! Sean and I have been talking a lot about savoring each of these moments, even though some days are harder than others, not sure if we are coming or going keeping our schedules straight, its the small things these boys do and say, the sweet smiles and laughs, that make the moments of chaos so worthwhile!

Luke today after he woke from his nap with snuggles
Luke driving his tractor, hauling "corn"! aka known as a golf club to many!

Ben this morning enjoying breakfast! He is into scrunching up his nose lately


This was Ben's breakfast yesterday morning, Blueberries and Banana do wonders for a facial mask and hair conditioner!

Ben enjoying the stroller while we followed Luke around on his tractor

No comments:

Post a Comment